Monday, April 26, 2010

Playing Catch UP

I realize that I've been a little MIA...but it isn't without good reason. Mostly anyway. First off, Ben traveled and I was home alone with the kiddos. That didn't leave me too much free time. Then my computer kinda crashed. I booted it up on Friday and got nothing on my screen. My desktop was blank except for my recycle bin and it said it couldn't retrieve the info on my computer. I panicked of course. Rebooted about 10 times. I finally got it to come up in a wierd mode...wasn't safe mode, I really don't know what was going on. So, I spent most of Friday backing up my computer. I have ALL of my digital scrapbooking kits on here, and lots of pictures and all my completed digital layouts. So, it was with great relief that I got those on an EHD. Then on Saturday our internet was down. It was down Sunday morning as well and then the power was out. The internet did come back on Sunday afternoon thankfully, so I spent a good chunk of that day re-installing avg, yahoo messenger, photoshop, etc...I also spent a great deal of time trying to get a math game to work for Drew...to no avail. I won't even go into that.


So...here I am. Monday, April 26 and I have a lot to catch up. Here are some pictures that will update you on this past week.This one is of Kate on April 19th. I didn't blog that day but I did get my picture. We went to the Needham's house for dinner that evening. They had a batch of fairly new kittens that are super cute. The kids had a blast playing outside until after dark with all their animals and best of all their swingset.

On Saturday (the 24th), Ben got back from his trip to the Southwest province of Cameroon. He called me from Foumban and said he'd be flying over our house in about 25 min. So, I set a timer and we all went outside and waited. I thought I had an idea of which direction he'd come from, but I was wrong. We heard him in plenty of time though. I snapped a picture of him:

And he snapped a picture of us :D Here is a view of our house from the airHere we are zoomed in a bit more. You can click on the picture to view it a little bigger.On Sunday (the 25th), Kate found this pretty little butterfly on the porch. The kids love bugs. I'm always afraid their love of nature will get them into some sort of trouble. Last week, Kate thought she was being funny and stuck a leaf to her sister's head (Faith Ann). Later that night I noticed a funny mark where that leaf had been. The next morning it was all red and bubbly like a sunburn. I put neosporin on it and it is now in the process of peeling off. Odd...

Today (th 26th) was family day and we stayed home and had a picnic on our front porch.We need to repair our screen. The kids didn't really appreciate the wasps flying in and out, but at the same time it is a great place to trap flies for a while to feed the chameleon. We brought him out so he could feast with us too. :D

So, now I'm caught up and hope I can stay that way provided the power, internet and computer comply. :D

3 comments:

kellyrsp said...

The pics from the air are so neat!!! I'm so glad you got your scrapbook stuff saved! That is a relief!

Marleen said...

What great pics. Neat to see your house from the air. Glad all worked out with your computer. What a frustration that was. Looks like the picnic was a success.

kmkarayannis said...

I love the picture of your house from the air, so cool! I love a nice chilly rainy day, I am glad to hear the rainy season is actually rainy!

Post a Comment