Saturday, January 16, 2010

Being Goofy!

This is our kids Saturday routine...well, not to be goofy like this, but to play with the neighbors. We happen to have the only bike in the neighborhood and since the kids around here don't have nice toys like that, they come here to play with ours. We take out the bike and the soccer balls and they spend all afternoon running around the front yard, chasing butterflies, kicking soccer balls and riding the bike. So, today I thought I would get a picture of them with their friends.

Playing with the neighbor kids has also helped them to begin developing their language skills in Pidgin (the local trade language). Emma especially has started to speak pidgin more and more, and each time I hear her I giggle. I love it!

6 comments:

Tanya said...

that is a great picture Becca! i love their goofy faces and they all look like they are having a great time =)

Jeremy/Kim Sykes said...

Too funny!! Next time you're home I want to hear this "Pidgin" talk. :)

Jason Sykes said...

yeah, next time you come home we will have to take you and the family to "pidgin forge" Tennessee for a vacation - ha ha!

Melanie said...

That is the cutest photo! I love the straight face of the one little boy - too cute! How awesome they're learning the language like that! I bet it's so cute to hear!

Marleen said...

Adorable picture!!!

jupiter394 said...

I love your picture! And really enjoy reading your journaling. I need to work on my a little harder.

Post a Comment